Monday, May 30, 2011

Two Peas In A Bucket

I can't believe it, but for the first time this year, I actually used my scrapbook tools, papers and photos to scrapbook.  I did my first two pages of the year and here is the one that I actually completed. 


The pictures are from November 2009 and it was my daughter's first trip to Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ.  The papers I used were from Embroidered Papers and Cosmo Cricket.  The Embroidered Papers was a ready-to-use kit I picked up at either a CK Convention or a Scrapping retreat back in the day when I was scrapping a lot of skiing trips.  As it turned out, the embroidered design on the paper looked a lot like the coral reefs in the tanks and worked perfectly with the photos.

The fish paper is from Cosmo Cricket.  The actual paper title was Snorkel: School's Out and the second side was More Fish in the Sea.  Again, I don't exactly remember where I picked up this paper, but I purchased it in late 2009 or 2010, after I took these pictures, with the full intention of using the paper for this trip to the aquarium.

With a little creativity and some added embellishments, I was able to create a nice layout for her first year scrapbook.  Hopefully I'll be able to continue to work on it over the summer and will post some of my better paper pieces for you to see as I go along.

Earlier this week, I re-posted an article from my friend Kim's blog.  As a result, I got an interesting inquiry from another friend of mine who wanted to know where she could find good scrapping supplies in our area (southeastern PA).  Unfortunately, a lot of the independent scrapbook stores in our area have closed over the years.  They haven't been able to keep up with the bigger craft stores.  However, I remembered there was a store that is fairly local to me opened for a while, then closed its retail shop in favor of its online store when the recession hit.  Today, when I went to check if they were still operating their online site, it said they had reopened their retail location.  I wish them the best of luck and hope they continue to do well!

But for those of you who are comfortable buying online, I came across.

This online store is amazing.  It is well designed.  They offer great products and have everything for traditional paper crafters as well as digital crafters.  They even have online classes and video workshops/demonstrations that you can watch for free. 

So if you're in need of a new place to shop for paper, please check out Two Peas in a Bucket.  Click here if you would like to subscribe to coupon deals for Two Peas in a Bucket and watch my blog for updates and specials.

No comments:

Post a Comment